cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD damaged after 1day ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

i have installed Win7 64bit 3 times on 3 different SSD´s (all of them are X25-M G2 80GB 2.5")

The fist one worked for 1 day before my System reported a S.M.A.R.T. Error (something with the end-to-end error correction)

the Serial Number was : CVPO051301QK080JGN. I sent it back to the supplier for an replacement as i thought this can happen.

The 2nd one worked for about 20 days and then reported the same Error as the 1st one (Serial Number was : CVPo102500Z0080JGN) . I was really surprised as i was quite happy with the performance, so i sent it back to the supplier for an replacement, ok all good things are 3 i thought. But the supplier sent me back the money.

So i ordered a new one from a other supplier, i installed again the Win7 64bit and was stilll working with all windows updates, when suddently the system keep freezing all 2-3 seconds for 1 second, first i thought it is based on the updates which get installed, but finnaly the system freezed completely and i did a hard power off.

The reboot started but what that.... no SSD anymore ??? it does not appear in the BIOS. So now also the 3rd SSD has obviously the same issue, I´m really irritated as all research i did before told me that this is the SSD to use. I have also ordered a new SATA Cable which did not make any difference.

Now i sent back also the 3rd SSD (X25-M G2 80GB 2.5") and will wait for anybody who can tell me whats going wrong on my end 🙂 my current system is not the newest but runs stabel for 2 years and i had never issues with it but i assume it don´t like intels SSD´s 🙂

System :

Mainboard : ASUS P5N-E SLI (NVIDIA nForce Controller)

Grafik : NVIDIA GeForce8800 GTX

Did anybode fight with the same issues i have ?

I think i will just stay on my old HDD and put the Money in my new bicycle 🙂

cheers

Jens

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, the only utility I ran was something called "crystaldiskinfo" that shows the current condition of the HDD's and in this case it showed on the SSD serial instead BAD_CTX god knows what that means, but it's probably something similar to a bad sector because the drive just felt like it due to low quality parts used in the drive.

I cannot explain it any other way, I don't abuse my equipment, and I hold Intel responsible 100% if you release a fast drive make sure you release the repair tools to go with it, otherwise don't release it because it would look like a rip off scheme more or less.

My 2 x 300G 10000rpm velociraptors run better than the SSD drives regardless the 5.9 windows experience level which is bullshit IMHO I think I'll go back to those until Intel finds a cure for that particular someone in their team with the SSD unilateral wet dream fiasco....and I know I am not the only one with the same issue here.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be happening to use USB connection there?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No, I hooked it up to a SATA port on the mainboard to run the toolbox tests which when I click on the drive there are no options on the left side to click on, and when I click on any of the other drives it keeps refreshing the screen and cannot use any of the options anyway.

I ran the firmware disk (burned from the .iso) and it said that the drive already has the firmware installed

I also ran the tests with the USB bridge and returned the same results...now I'm really stuck

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

And besides the thing with the toolbox is weird, if you click on a drive it keeps refreshing the screen, all the buttons are grayed out and that's as far as I can get with the toolbox