cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD errors in acer ultrabook

DReic2
New Contributor

Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems with my Intel SSD drive from an Acer Aspire S3-951-2464G24iss. Windows says, it is an Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller, and an C400-MTFDDAK256MAM.

Since friday, it started to freeze everytime. I tried to solve the problem and finally found, that there is very often the error 'Das Gerät \Device\Ide\iaStor0 hat innerhalb der Fehlerwartezeit nicht geantwortet.' (something like: The device \Device\Ide\iaStor0 did not respond in the error waiting time) is recored in the windows event log. So I googled the error, and finally found (in http://www.heise.de/ct/hotline/Zickige-SSD-zaehmen-2055803.html Zickige SSD zähmen | c't) that setting Linked Power Management (LPM, LPMSTATE, LPMDSTATE, DIPM) in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/iaStor/Parameters/PortX for all ports) to 0 would solve the problem. This solved the problem with the frequent freezes, but the errors are still recored nearly exactly every 5 seconds. Additionaly, one freeze did happen in the one hour I run the computer since then, so the problem does not seem to be completely solved.

Does anyone has an hint, how I could solve the problem? Is it purely a software/driver problem, or is maybe the disc itself not working correctly any longer?

King Regards,

DaGeRe

1 REPLY 1

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi DaGeRe, I searched for more information based on the part number you provided (C400-MTFDDAK256MAM) and it seems that the drive is a Micron* SSD. So, in this case I would like to provide you with some ideas; however, the support for this drive must be provided by the respective manufacturer.

In general, you could try the following:

• Check with the manufacturer to see if they provide a diagnostic tool and/or a firmware update for the drive.
  • Uninstall Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and let Windows* load the inbox drivers instead.
  • Contact your system manufacturer for relevant updates or further troubleshooting.