Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Solid State Drives
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4365 Discussions

SSD errors in acer ultrabook

DReic2
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems with my Intel SSD drive from an Acer Aspire S3-951-2464G24iss. Windows says, it is an Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller, and an C400-MTFDDAK256MAM.

Since friday, it started to freeze everytime. I tried to solve the problem and finally found, that there is very often the error 'Das Gerät \Device\Ide\iaStor0 hat innerhalb der Fehlerwartezeit nicht geantwortet.' (something like: The device \Device\Ide\iaStor0 did not respond in the error waiting time) is recored in the windows event log. So I googled the error, and finally found (in http://www.heise.de/ct/hotline/Zickige-SSD-zaehmen-2055803.html Zickige SSD zähmen | c't) that setting Linked Power Management (LPM, LPMSTATE, LPMDSTATE, DIPM) in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/iaStor/Parameters/PortX for all ports) to 0 would solve the problem. This solved the problem with the frequent freezes, but the errors are still recored nearly exactly every 5 seconds. Additionaly, one freeze did happen in the one hour I run the computer since then, so the problem does not seem to be completely solved.

Does anyone has an hint, how I could solve the problem? Is it purely a software/driver problem, or is maybe the disc itself not working correctly any longer?

King Regards,

DaGeRe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi DaGeRe, I searched for more information based on the part number you provided (C400-MTFDDAK256MAM) and it seems that the drive is a Micron* SSD. So, in this case I would like to provide you with some ideas; however, the support for this drive must be provided by the respective manufacturer.

In general, you could try the following:

• Check with the manufacturer to see if they provide a diagnostic tool and/or a firmware update for the drive.
  • Uninstall Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and let Windows* load the inbox drivers instead.
  • Contact your system manufacturer for relevant updates or further troubleshooting.