cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD freezing

MSelw
New Contributor

My intel SSD 535 Series. It freeze after 2 min and give 100% disk active on windows 10 OS with Gagabyte Gaming Motherboard Z170X-3 what shall I do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello MSelw, Thank you for your reply. As we understand your drive is not being recognized by your BIOS. Please take into consideration that the process of converting a partition from legacy to GPT should not affect the way that your BIOS detects your hardware and we advise you to try to connect your SSD to another PC, this in order to discard any hardware detection issue from your motherboard. In case that your drive is not detected by the BIOS on either computer, we will appreciate if you can provide us with your product markings (part number and serial number) to check the warranty status and to start the warranty process. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Dear Mr Josh B.

now it seems that i have a new problem.

My SSD is not recognizable at all from the motherboard Z170X-Gaming 3 after installing a new windows 10 after changing the drive type to GPT can you help with that??

Hi MSelw,

Could you please let us know if your booting drive is the Intel® SSD 535 Series, or you are using it as a secondary drive?

Please confirm if you can see the drive at BIOS level, or if it disappeared completely, even from BIOS.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

MSelw
New Contributor

yes I am using the SSD 535 series as the primary and I try disconnecting the other HDD that I have

and yes it’s not appearing in the Bios setup too

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello MSelw, Thank you for your reply. In order to further assist you we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • Your product markings (part number and serial number) to check the warranty status and to start the process. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

MSelw
New Contributor

any way to operate the SSD Drive on Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 without the OS.