cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD power loss report updates

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Intel is aware of the customer sightings on Intel SSD 320 Series. If you experience any issue with your Intel SSD, please contact your Intel representative or Intel customer support (via web: http://www.intel.com/ www.intel.com or phone: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone) . We will provide an update when we have more information.

Alan

Intel's NVM Solutions Group

81 REPLIES 81

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Is there a possibility to recover the data after the problem occurs?

To me it seems that the disc switches to some kind of "out of order" state when this happens.

Intel, is there a way to get the disc to a "disaster recovery" read-only state subsequently?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

just some suggestion

people that got issue with intel SSD should post more information

like SSD batch/version# , OS + System information, power setting (as it seems related to power cycle)

in computer world we know there is bad batch that die early compared to other batch

so maybe there is bad batch in 320 series

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

just got my 600GB SSD, which would be for my new laptop. but currently i dont know, if i should setup my new system, just to find out, that my SSD dies with the 8MB bug. i saw now on severaly websites, including intel, that this bug is reality and that there is no firmware update or even a timeline, when intel will release one to fix that problem.

so stay on the old laptop (so i dont know, why i updated the whole system) or use the laptop with the new SSD and before i shutdown the latop, make a complete backup. with working vmware images, that will take some time. i even dont know, if that bug will happen, if put the laptop into energy saving mode or if i go to a costumer, power down my laptop, to just find out, that now my data is lost, since i cant do a full backup everywhere.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Fritz, I would advise you to wait - My 120 GB intel died when I closed the lid of my mbp and drove to a client - hard drive was dead when I tried to wake the macbook there. Very unpleasing.. Hopefully Intel will come out with a fix soon. Waited on the phone yesterday for over 20 mins before I readched support, they stated out that officially there is no bug (they know about single users having problems but it is not a bug [yet?]) and they sent me instructions of how to test the drive in another machine, but did not help (8 MB there, too).

Guess we will have to wait..

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Please update us on whether a firmware will be able to fix this potential problem. I bought a 120GB 320 series for a friend and his died exactly 1 month into use (8MB problem). I have the same drive but have yet to experience problems...... am hoping not to. I bought an Intel because of its reputation for reliability (I used to have a Corsair SSD that kept on dying; worst experience ever). Would like to not be disappointed.