cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD toolbox over Win8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the following issue with the SSD toolbox:

- in previous version, 3.0.5, installation was screwed in Win8 Consumer Preview (required .Net 3.5). Still, my SSD 330 120GB is seen with a serial number of 000000...000 and SMART info is not available

- in 3.1.0 installation is fine in Win8 Pro, but I still get 000...000 as serial number and still no SMART. But, I'm getting also a window with the following message:

"The Intel SSD Toolbox is having trouble communicating with the selected drive. The Intel SSD Toolbox is now rescanning the system to get an updated drive list."

Clicking OK to continue is killing the app.

I'm running the SSD in RAID mode (but alone; there is a different array present) on a Asus M4A89GTD Pro, with AMD 890GX chipset. In AMD management app, controller is set to SMART and disk is communicating SMART status (healthy).

Bug in SSD toolbox or in AMD drivers? In Win7, everything is fine.8

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Indeed, behavior changed in worse with 3.1 and 3.1.1.

Now in Windows 7 (fortunately still dual-booting), I'm getting the same message. But there is difference: here I'm getting the serial number of the drive!

In the same time, is not quite normal to have an app for the SSD which works only on Intel chipsets. Could be that is not only Intel at fault here, so I will try with AMD as well to sort it out, but I expect more support here.

Message was edited by: Stefanita Stanescu

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

More support here? You apparently did not read the Licensing agreement when you installed the Toolbox. It states that no support will be provided by Intel for the Toolbox. You could contact Intel support, which is not this forum, and they might be able to help you, but they are under no legal obligation to support the Toolbox.

We do support the Toolbox.

Please contact Intel Customer Support at; http://www.intel.com/go/ssdsupport http://www.intel.com/go/ssdsupport.

We would be happy to help you.