cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD toolbox

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have an intel SSD X25-M. After I installed the toolbox utility which was downloaded from intel website, it is showing the error connecting to the drive.

my motherboard chipset is nvidia 680i chipset (Asus P5N32-E Sli Plus). However, when i took it out of my PC into another PC, it works fine on that PC.

Could anyone tell me the reason? could it because of the sata or IDE controller in the bios?

17 REPLIES 17

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am pretty sure that my motherboard doesn't have AHCI mode or raid mode either. But my motherboard does have

raid controller, is this raid mode?

(Soon after I enabled the SATA controller and enabled the particular SATA port, my motherboard could not recognize the ssd )

I am running windows 7.

Which mode should the SSD run on? IDE mode ? AHCI mode? or RAID mode?

Your board can run AHCI , But you will have to first get the latest bios installed than do a fresh install of your OS , When you do the install of the OS , make sure in the BIOS it is set in the SATA section of BIOS , To AHCI than install your OS if you are going to use windows 7 ( Highly Recomended ) 7 Has the native drivers for AHCI , which have to be installed before you install the SSD software like Tool BoX

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

"My motherboard did not have any ahci mode~

what else I can do?"

I'm starting to doubt your post's accuracy. I think you need to thoroughly read your motherboard's manual, specifically where it mentions the options for IDE, AHCI and RAID. I had assumed your statement that your 'motherboard did not have any ahci mode' was accurate.

Read this: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-015988.htm http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-015988.htm

If your drive isn't recognized it could be formatted in FAT32.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

my motherboard has got the latest Bios already.

I have got the sata controller, but the sata controller does not provide AHCI option.

It only allows me to enable the raid, that's all.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am serious. I am pretty sure that my motherboard does not have any AHCI mode or raid mode. I can set raid and configure raid but it does not help

to get the toolbox installed. My drive is NTFS NOT FAT32.

My motherboard model is Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus and it is nvidia chipset. (AHCI is only avaliable in intel chipset, correct?)

I think the link would not help me because mine is nvidia chipset not intel chipset.