cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSDSA2M080G2GN bad benchmarks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am getting sequential writes in the 30MB/s and reads in the 40MB/s range using AS SSD benchmark.

Firmware is 2CV102HD.

Could the drive encryption be the reason for this (PGP full encryption)?

Thanks a lot!

20 REPLIES 20

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, that would be a G2 drive.

Seems like TRIM may not have run. Do you have Disk Defragmenter disabled or turned off for the SSD? I assume you are not doing RAID. Are you running in AHCI mode? What port is the SSD in? What SATA AHCI controller and driver do you have?

Just so you know, I will be back in a few hours.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ambizytl,

the optimizer said that it had finished.

This is a laptop that I just got yesterday. The automatic defrag was enabled to run once a week when I got it, but I disabled it right away.

SATA is configured as AHCI. I can see an "Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI controller" in device manager, driver version 8.9.0.1023, provided by Intel.

No RAID.

Thanks for your help!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you run the optimizer? Try running it again. Do you have the optimizer setup to run on a schedule or are you going to do it manually?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just re-ran optimizer, it turned green and showed the status as "passed". No performance change. Really, I would not have expected any, as the system was built yesterday.

I am planning on running the optimizer manually.

Starting to think that the performance hit comes from the encryption. It's a very very bad hit though, much more than I would have ever expected. Bummer. 😞

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Please post a screenshot of your AS SSD benchmark results. Save the screenshot and upload here in your message. It could be the encryption but maybe something will show up in that screenshot.