cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSDSA2M080G2GN bad benchmarks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am getting sequential writes in the 30MB/s and reads in the 40MB/s range using AS SSD benchmark.

Firmware is 2CV102HD.

Could the drive encryption be the reason for this (PGP full encryption)?

Thanks a lot!

20 REPLIES 20

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, I would suggest installing Windows 7 with BIOS set to AHCI and use default msahci driver, which runs TRIM automatically without SSD Toolbox. You will also get Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller on your system by doing the install.

At this point, I don't know if encryption is the issue or your driver and BIOS mode. The other thing is I don't see ATA Device listed after your drive, as you see in my picture. Does Device Manager list your drive as an ATA Device?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In Device Manager click on Disk drives to expand the list and tell me what it says or post a picture. I don't think you have the right setup--something is wrong if you don't see ATA Device listed on same line as your SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ambizytl, this is what it says in device manager (see below).

Unfortunately, OS re-installation is not an option at this point. Unless I know 100% for sure what the issue is, how to fix it and I can back it up.

Please let me know what you think about the screen shot. Not sure what it's supposed to say there.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

After the model number on same line in my system with Windows 7 it says ATA Device. It could be encryption is your problem, as you alluded to earlier, but first let's try something else:

I suggest switching to msahci driver to see if that helps: Go to Device Manager>IDE ATA ATAPI controllers>right-click the ATA Channel with your SSD>click Update Driver Software>Browse Computer for Drivers and choose Microsoft Standard AHCI driver from the list.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It lists "IDE Channel" instead of "ATA Channel 0". hmmm .... Any idea?