Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Seq. Read speed of X25-M G2 80GB

Jump to solution

I think my sequential read speed (on X25-M G2 80GB) is low, it's 134 MB/s,

shouldn't it be above 200 ?

I measured it before and after the new firmware update, it's the same.

I'm running Win7 32bit (for few months now, not a fresh installation)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Is your SATA port 3.0GB/s or 1.5GB/s? if it is 1.5gb/s, I think there is a limit on the port

View solution in original post

6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I had that happen to me; I fixed mine by moving my SSD to a different SATA port on the motherboard; seems my ASUS P6T SATA 0 & 1 are not cut out for the SSD drives. Immediately after moving the SSD to SATA Port 2 I was seeing 240-260 MB/sec depending on the particular disk performance test tool used.

Regards,

Mike

idata
Community Manager

hm, that's interesting,

I have Intel D875PBZ motherboard (P4), it's an old (but good) mb, so this could be the prob. with mb ?

I'll try different port (there are only 2 on this mb), I also have the PCI SATA controller but I doubt it would be better to connect it there..

thanks for the tip

idata
Community Manager

Is your SATA port 3.0GB/s or 1.5GB/s? if it is 1.5gb/s, I think there is a limit on the port

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

yeah, I just looked at my mb specs, ports are 1.5GB/s, so I can't get a better speed than that, I believe the theoretical limit is 150 MB/s

thanks

PS. anyone know any good SATA II PCI controller ?

idata
Community Manager

i think PCI is limited to 133MB/s... so i don't think you can get more out of your drive

idata
Community Manager

My MB supports PCI 2.2, so it supports both 33Mhz and 66Mhz PCI, the limit for 33Mhz is 133MB/s and if you use 66Mhz I believe it should be double than that