cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several issues I've compiled with Intel Turbo Memory

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

running Windows 7 x64 if that matters...

Looking for information on Intel Turbo Memory drivers working with newer Rapid Storage Technology drivers. Having ITM hinders any fixes for other issues with the deprecated Matrix Storage Manager.

I have issues with the Turbo Memory Dashboard showing randomly 100% full user pinning capacity when I've only had 15-45% used. My workaround I guess is to remove all pinned apps, then readd them.

It'll also leave programs pinned in it that have been uninstalled from the OS.

Does Turbo Memory user pinning conflict with other Readyboost devices also being utilized in Windows 7 (Windows 7 can support more than 1 Readyboost device)?

It would also be nice to see some intelligent pinning of known high I/O files.

At this point the whole technology seems flaky

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Update: I've since removed my Turbo Memory card & installed the latest RST drivers. I guess I'll just give this thing to someone else unless there is any hint that some of these issues might be addressed.

Another note, on the 100% full, I've tried checking my profile's xml file & can't sift through it easily enough to see if it's a particular program that picks up more space than it does or if the file gets corrupt after the ITMService tries to optimize the userpinning- or whatever it's doing.

If someone at Intel is still looking into this I can put the card back in & get them a copy of my xml file to see what might be happening

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm feeling your pain too bro. Perhaps this has become one of those things that Intel invented, then sweeps under a rug because its flakey or never worked right.

It seems like the best way to go would be a USB 3 controller and a usb 3 compatible memory stick.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Giving things a whirl again since I haven't tried Turbo Memory & pinning in a while. Let's see. Pin Remote Desktop Connection. 479MB that's odd. Advanced, a 350MB avi file tries to get pinned. Uncheck it I guess?