Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Should TRIM be executed on an Optane 900p?

A123-N
Novice

Should TRIM be executed on an Optane 900p (OS drive) after deleting the previous version of Windows 10 Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi A123-I,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your question regarding Trim on the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

We would like to let you know that for Intel® Optane™ technology products, the TRIM feature is not necessary because of the nature of the Intel® Optane™ technology architecture. If you use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27656/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox this capability in the tool may be grayed out or not functional as a result.

You can find this information as a note in the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox detailed description section.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi A123-I,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your question regarding Trim on the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

We would like to let you know that for Intel® Optane™ technology products, the TRIM feature is not necessary because of the nature of the Intel® Optane™ technology architecture. If you use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27656/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox this capability in the tool may be grayed out or not functional as a result.

You can find this information as a note in the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox detailed description section.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
A123-N
Novice
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi A123-I,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos