Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A123-N
Novice

Should TRIM be executed on an Optane 900p?

Jump to solution

Should TRIM be executed on an Optane 900p (OS drive) after deleting the previous version of Windows 10 Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi A123-I,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your question regarding Trim on the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

We would like to let you know that for Intel® Optane™ technology products, the TRIM feature is not necessary because of the nature of the Intel® Optane™ technology architecture. If you use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27656/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox this capability in the tool may be grayed out or not functional as a result.

You can find this information as a note in the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox detailed description section.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi A123-I,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your question regarding Trim on the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series.

We would like to let you know that for Intel® Optane™ technology products, the TRIM feature is not necessary because of the nature of the Intel® Optane™ technology architecture. If you use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27656/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox this capability in the tool may be grayed out or not functional as a result.

You can find this information as a note in the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox detailed description section.

Regards,

Junior M.

View solution in original post

A123-N
Novice
idata
Community Manager

Hi A123-I,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Junior M.