cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the Intel 660p SSD work with my Macbook Air?

DPidd1
New Contributor

imageimageI purchased an Intel 660P 1TB SSD and the the Qnine adapter in order to install the SSD into my MacBook Air

When I install the unformatted SSD with the adapter, the Mac boots from the internet OK and allows me to select Disk Utility.

When I select this, the only drive I see is the temporary Disk 0 in RAM created for the boot.

So the Mac is not seeing the new SSD.

See pictures attached of the SSD and the Qnine adapter labels.

Macbook Air model A1466 mid 2013 model MacBookAir 6,2

MacOS version: macOS 10.14.5 (18F132) 

I think this should work. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello DPidd1,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 660p Series. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can review the following information:

•   Should the Intel 660p SSD work with my Macbook Air?

As mentioned in the “Mac* OS Compatibility for Intel® Solid State Drives” (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006273/memory-and-storage.html) article:

To check the compatibility of your Intel® Solid State Drive (Intel® SSD) with a specific MacBook* model, we recommend that you contact the computer Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) directly.

•   We advise you to contact the USB adapter (QNINE) to check if extra steps are needed to use this hardware with your MAC*.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello DPidd1,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 660p Series. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can review the following information:

•   Should the Intel 660p SSD work with my Macbook Air?

As mentioned in the “Mac* OS Compatibility for Intel® Solid State Drives” (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006273/memory-and-storage.html) article:

To check the compatibility of your Intel® Solid State Drive (Intel® SSD) with a specific MacBook* model, we recommend that you contact the computer Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) directly.

•   We advise you to contact the USB adapter (QNINE) to check if extra steps are needed to use this hardware with your MAC*.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello DPidd1,

Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. 

This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open.

Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,

Josh B.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello DPidd1,

Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support.

I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.