cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Sideband Fabric Device Driver Disables USB Detection

Jump to solution
I currently have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 (windows version). It has a driver called Sideband Fabric Driver. It's a device driver that makes the touchscreen works and other essential drivers to work. If I install it, the touchscreen works and other things like battery icon, touchpad backlight charging status light, etc, but the USB flex cable that I bought and replaced for my broken USB flex cable doesn't work with it and it doesn't detect anything being plugged(no sound, no notif). If I uninstalled Intel Sideband Fabric Drivers, the USB flex cable can now detect devices

This is my status:
Sideband Fabric Driver is a driver that is essential for Mi Pad 2's touchscreen to work.
My Mi Pad 2's USB flex cable broke so I replaced it with a new non-original USB Flex Cable.

This is my problem:
Sideband Fabric is not compatible with the non-original USB Flex Cable. 
Uninstalling Sideband Fabric Device Driver makes my USB Flex Cable able to detect USB Devices but touchscreen won't work cause Sideband is uninstalled

Notes (possible insights):
booting the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 to safe mode is able to detect USB devices cause some drivers are disabled, but sideband fabric is not disabled (no caution sign in device manager, unless I'm reading it wrong).
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello WxAaRoNxW.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you needed assistance with your Xiaomi* Mi Pad 2, which is a third-party system. If we inferred correctly and based on the information you provided. We advise you to contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to get support and assistance for this device.

We will proceed to close this inquiry now.

If you need assistance related to an Intel® product, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel®

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello WxAaRoNxW.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you needed assistance with your Xiaomi* Mi Pad 2, which is a third-party system. If we inferred correctly and based on the information you provided. We advise you to contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to get support and assistance for this device.

We will proceed to close this inquiry now.

If you need assistance related to an Intel® product, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel®

View solution in original post

0 Kudos