cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow SSD Intel X25-M G2 freezes for a second or two for every new folder/file created/deleted

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hi experts,

I have been using an Intel SSD for sometime now on my HP notebook using Windows7.

Off late it has been behaving frustratingly slow. Anytime I create a new folder or file, it'll freeze for a second or two, i can see a CPU spike at that moment and then the new folder gets created.

I'm already on the latest SSD Firware and using the latest Intel Raid Store Driver.

I have manually enabled DIPM in registry as well (Controller0).

Any recommendation, solution, fixes? Many Thanks for reading this.

Few details given below -

SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer ManufacturerHewlett-PackardComputer Model1488Operating System (O/S)Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate EditionOperating System Build (O/S)(build 7600), 64-bitOperating System (version)6.1.7600O/S Language0409System RAM7.8 GB.NET Framework Version3.5.30729.4926CD or DVD DeviceMagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000System Hard Drive OverviewSystem Total Storage Size:83.4 GBPhysical Drive0MakerINTELModelSSDSA2M080G2GCBus TypeSATASolid State Drive Firmware Version2CV102M3Local Disk C:74.4 GBUsed space:70.2 GBFree Space:4.2 GBPhysical Drive0MakerINTELModelSSDSA2M080G2GCBus TypeSATASolid State Drive Firmware Version2CV102M3Local Disk D:1022.0 MBUsed space:348.0 KBFree Space:1021.6 MBPhysical Drive0MakerINTELModelSSDSA2M080G2GCBus TypeSATASolid State Drive Firmware Version2CV102M3Local Disk Q:8.0 GBUsed space:6.5 GBFree Space:1.5 GBMemory DetailTotal Physical Memory7.8 GBAvailable Physical Memory4.7 GBTotal Virtual Memory2.0 GBInternet Browser [1]Internet ExplorerInternet Browser Version [1]9.0.8112.16421Internet Browser [2]FirefoxInternet Browser Version [2]3.6.16 (en-US)

<col style="width: 429pt;" width="572...
7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The last time the SSD Optimizer ran was 2.5 months ago?

Give that a try. It could be that there are no clean blocks left.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If I am reading the information correctly, the issue may be that the disk only has 4.2GB of free space. Try moving some of the files to another disk and see if that helps.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yup, that would explain it.... 4GB of free space and he has not ran the SSD Optimizer in awhile. There are no more clean pages.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Nope, same thing even after runing SSD Optimizer. I can feel some difference for an hour or so, then afterwards the same freezing.

When I right click on my desktop and choose to create a NewFolder, it freezes for 3-7 seconds (yes 7 seconds!!) and then responds (NewFolder comes up.) This is very irritating while saving a file/folder or creating a new one.

I used to run SSD optimzer before but the results were nothing amazing hence i didnt run it for the past few months. Now I'm frustrasted enough to post the issue in this forum.

Applications opening time is still bearable, but anything new on the disk is frustrating.

I installed CrystalDiskInfo and SSD LifePro, both show the health as Good. SSDPro says 99%, and remaining lifetime more than 8 Years.

I'm lost.

My first Intel G2 SSD died in 3 months, got it RMA'd; this one is again a pain. I'm starting to hate Intel SSDs!