cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow read speeds on Intel 750 SSD M.2 with Asus Saberbooth X99

MDeLi1
New Contributor

Was able to boot off my Intel 750 with my Asus Saberbooth X99 board and install Windows 10. Not happy at all on the raw read speed tests using HD Tune. This drive is so called rated for 2200MB/sec read speed and I get half that. My BIOS is updated, my Intel Toolbox is updated and I'm using the correct Intel drivers. I get an average of 1100MB/sec read speed on most read test software I've used. I've spent lots of money on this drive, but this puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Any ideas or suggestions here? As I said before, I am using the Intel SSD solid state drive drivers.

Asus Saberbooth X99 with latest BIOS

64GB high speed memory DD4

Intel i7-5930k 40 lane PCI processor

How do I get the performance out of this drive that's advertised all over with such high stats? If not, then I'll need to open a ticket with Intel and possibly consider it a defective unit.

5 REPLIES 5

PHans4
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

What settings did you use? Default is 64KB I/O size and it can be too low, try 8MB and full test instead of partial in the options.

Or test using Atto instead which uses multiple I/O sizes.

MDeLi1
New Contributor

I used the default settings that came up. I'll try again or try ATTO as well.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

mdelig00 tell you try to copy or move your SSD is a large file to another drive? If the rate is close to that claimed perhaps you something not so measured. Try to copy a large file means the OS itself or through a third-party guide.

MDeLi1
New Contributor

XORROR wrote:

mdelig00 tell you try to copy or move your SSD is a large file to another drive? If the rate is close to that claimed perhaps you something not so measured. Try to copy a large file means the OS itself or through a third-party guide.

What do you mean? I can only perform tests on the drive itself since nothing else in the system can read or write as fast as the 750 in the system. Maybe i'm missing your suggestion?