cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow ssd

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I got a x25v ssd, It is incredibly slow, I use it in a Compaq Presario cq60. with ubuntu hope someone has any suggestions

7 REPLIES 7

RGiff
Contributor

Do you have your BIOS set to AHCI mode ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I dont have that option in bios...

Go in your device manager and check you controller properties and that should show you what mode you are in . you may already be in AHCI . If you find that this is so you will have to start trouble shooting the drive it self. And you can contact HP to see if they have a BIOS update.

RGiff
Contributor

Sily question But why ubuntu , and not Windows 7 64bit ?? I just upgraded a older DV9000, HP , Put in a WD 128gig SSD and a fresh copy of W7 64 , Now runs better than it ever did the OEM hard drives were 5400 RPMs , and even though this machine uses SATA 1.5 , Now I getting 138619 reads and136450 writes , before I was getting 41230 reads and 39876 writes , Thats about 3 times faster than the old HD, and the response time is 0.04Ms where the old HD was 18Ms. Performance is all about INOPS in & outs . You can also check UBUNTU may not support TRIM which is important for a SSD , Did you download the INTEL TOOL BOX and run the clean up??