cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] 80GB Postville - Weak Windows 7 Experience Index

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I use the Intel Postville 80GB SSD in a Dell Precision M4400 Laptop with Core2Duo T9600.

The "old" Samsung HDD had an Experience Index of 5.8.

The "new" Intel SSD an Experience Index of 5.9.

The AS SSD Benchmark results are fine with the SSD.

Where ist the Problem?

Best regards

marco

17 REPLIES 17

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As you can see, the WEI result does not correlate with your benchmark result. Your poor WEI result may have been because the drive needed to be "TRIMMED" or... I get 7.7 with WEI and use msahci driver.

The best configuration for me is using the msahci driver and have TRIM run without Toolbox. When Intel comes forward with new firmware so that Intel driver passes the TRIM command, then I would switch to Intel driver to see if that makes any difference. You know, benchmark results do not always show benefit in real-life experience.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you simply tried to re-run the WEI a couple of times?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I to get a 5.9 score for my 80gb postville gn2 ssd. It started when I upgraded the intel chipset drivers and using the msachi driver. I did not have this problem before as my ssd scored 7.6. I found that installing the intel sata driver brought the score back up to 7.6. Comparing benchmarks between intels driver and microsoft msachi driver gave the same results more or less using AS SSD. So as I want to use automatic trim I have decided to continue using the msachi driver (which gives a 5.9 score) as the score does not reflect the real performance of the SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I use the msahci driver and get 7.7 in WEI, so I find it odd you have that problem of getting 5.9...

The only difference is I have a 160GB G2 and you have an 80GB G2, assuming you have updated to TRIM firmware.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes I have updated the firmware. the 5.9 score started yesterday after updating the intel chipset drivers. I get the same performance benches from both intel sata and msachi driver . The only difference is that the achi driver scores 5.9 wei and the intel sata driver scored 7.6 wei. It must be a driver problem in the new intel chipset drivers.