cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] 80GB Postville - Weak Windows 7 Experience Index

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I use the Intel Postville 80GB SSD in a Dell Precision M4400 Laptop with Core2Duo T9600.

The "old" Samsung HDD had an Experience Index of 5.8.

The "new" Intel SSD an Experience Index of 5.9.

The AS SSD Benchmark results are fine with the SSD.

Where ist the Problem?

Best regards

marco

17 REPLIES 17

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

One would think getting same benchmark results would yield same WEI results. However, the two are different tests in that Windows 7 is not testing same way as benchmark tests. If that happened to me, I would be concerned and go with the better WEI score with benchmark results being fairly equal.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok I have sorted it. After checking device manager I saw that the ahci sata controller was on ch 6. My drive was connected to channel 1. So I moved it to channel 6 re-ran the wei and it now scores 7.7 with the msahci driver. Ran some benches and results are down a couple of megabytes with read and writes but I noticed that on AS SSD when it was doing the read / write test the figures were more sustained and I did not have any low drops like before. Excellent.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok I think I have solved this now. The problem seems to be with windows data store folder. If I run the wei a few times the disk score goes from 7.7 to 5.9 which is what it scores if I re-run it. If I delete the contents of the datastore folder, windows/performance/winsat/datastore, Then re-run the wei the score goes back up to 7.7. I have tried this over and over and the same happens every time. Strange.