Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAdam15
Beginner

Sony Computer Hard drive Help, error indicates SSD is failing

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a 3 year old Sony Vaio laptop VPCZ21M9E , Win 7, SSD drive. I have window 10x 64 anniversary update on it. A week after I bought the laptop, I was given a company laptop, therefore, I did not used my laptop for over two years apart from updates, which I did once very two weeks or a month. Although, the laptop is three years old, I have only been using it for the past 6 month now. it has 120GB SSD drive and Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

For the past four weeks, I have been getting this error message Every time I open the laptop I get an error message saying

port device Model Serial # size type

Samsung MRPA128 SOS"*********64 59.6GB Member Disk (0)

Samsung MRPA128 SOS"*********64 59.6GB Error occurred (0)

I have been told that one of my SSD is dying, which I found hard to believe, not after 6 month. The laptop did not make any noises when I was using it but since this problem has started, it has became very noising. it is almost crazy for that little laptop to make such a big noise and it also becomes hot during use. has anyone have any idea experienced this problem or knows about this problem and many thanks for you help. I have attached a picture of the error message

I have run diagnostic on hard drive, fan, cpu, and other and they all passed. have also posted this issue on DSL reports forum http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31118066-hard-drive-Computer-Hardware-Help-8594-error-indicates-SSD... http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31118066-hard-drive-Computer-Hardware-Help-8594-error-indicates-SSD...

I was helped my some member to run smartmtools software and output showed no hard drive problem and it showed that the SSD is healthy

It drives me crazy and I would really appreciate any help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Since these SSDs are Samsung (not Intel), I would be contacting Sony support for your laptop, or Samsung for the drives, and check their warranty.

Also, your processor is not supported on Windows 10. You may want to go back to Windows 7.

Doc

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Since these SSDs are Samsung (not Intel), I would be contacting Sony support for your laptop, or Samsung for the drives, and check their warranty.

Also, your processor is not supported on Windows 10. You may want to go back to Windows 7.

Doc

View solution in original post

AAdam15
Beginner

HI Al Hill

thanks for you reply

But i have had window 10 on it for over 5 months and had no issues. why now ?

thanks

AlHill
Super User

I did not say that Windows 10 was the issue or cause of the problem. I said Windows 10 was not supported on this processor.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006105.html Intel® Processor Support for Microsoft Windows® 10

Doc

AAdam15
Beginner

Thanks for your prompt reply

sorry I am not getting it. are you saying my PC has more CPU than window 10 can support. for example mine has 8 CPU but window 10 can only support 2 CPU?

many thanks

AlHill
Super User

From the link I provided:

"If you do not see your processor on the list, consult Microsoft's website for more details or run Microsoft's upgrade advisory. Microsoft may support upgrades on earlier Intel® Processors if the system passes the Windows Upgrade Advisor system review."

Doc

AAdam15
Beginner

Thanks Doc

i get it now. I have contacted Sony, they are useless and they advise me to change the SSD which cost £500. They have not even checked if its SSD or something else. They have the worse customer service ever.

Your advise makes a prefect sense and I need to contact Microsoft and Sumsang. I may get something

Thanks again

idata
Community Manager

Hello Adama,

As it was previously instructed by Al Hill, this forum is for Intel® SSDs.

Please follow the suggestion given and we hope you find a resolution for it.

Regards,

NC