cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Intel 535 not for games

BBobb3
New Contributor

As the title states, I very much wasted my time after buying this as a budget SSD to speed up my game load times.

The load times did speed up, but the drive has awful stuttering almost every time new assets load up.

Playing online games from this drive proved extremely frustrating and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless it's strictly for office work.

Before someone criticizes me, the drive has the latest firmware, is brand new and according to the intel software at 100% health. Tested with multiple sata cables and on different ports, on a Z170 motherboard.

Tested the same games on different storage units, be it older SSD or HDD and found no such problems.

The SandForce controller seems to be just terrible and it wasted my time troubleshooting this awful SSD, and then going back to return it.

Do not buy this disk for games, in fact, do not buy it at all, as the controller could manifest problems with other desktop apps.

6 REPLIES 6

BBobb3
New Contributor

Thanks for the effort. Hopefully the drive isn't technologically flawed and I just got a faulty one. I simply returned it, because there was no way they would replace it through warranty for such a problem.

Thanks again!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

KaeIT,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We have not received any cases where the SSD is not able to handle this situations with your setup or a different setup, as you have returned the SSD we can't continue with some troubleshooting or suggestions in order to get to the root of this cause.In case you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us back again.NC