Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurwat
Beginner

The Microphone Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) is not migrated and doesn't work!!

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

After an update took effect on my HP laptop, the Microphone is not working anymore and I cannot use it!! i have tried almost all option but without any luck, it shows in the events that the device is "not migrated"!! is there away I can fix this issue? and is it a BIOS related issue cause I remember on the date I updated the windows, BIOS has been updated as well. 

Thank you in advance for your help,

Kurwat 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The microphone is usually connected to the audio solution. Have you tried selecting the microphone by choosing the Realtek driver?

I see that the Realtek package was updated in June to 6.0.8947.1 Rev.A. Have you installed this version? Here is link to download page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-folio-13-ak1000-convertible-laptop-pc-se....

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

5 Replies
n_scott_pearson

We need more information. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a text file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

Kurwat
Beginner

Hi, 

Please find attached the extracted txt file from the tool.

Thank you for your support, 

Mohammad

n_scott_pearson

The microphone is usually connected to the audio solution. Have you tried selecting the microphone by choosing the Realtek driver?

I see that the Realtek package was updated in June to 6.0.8947.1 Rev.A. Have you installed this version? Here is link to download page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-folio-13-ak1000-convertible-laptop-pc-se....

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

Kurwat
Beginner

Thank you very much, I downloaded the latest version of the Realtek and it worked fine, now I can use my microphone properly after two months of being not working! 

Once again thank you very much for your help. 

Regards, 

Mohammad.

n_scott_pearson

You are welcome. Glad it worked.

...S