cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The intel toolbox can't run optimizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a x25-v ssd and installed it with win7. I have installed the toolbox but it can't run optimizer. Does anybody know it?

66 REPLIES 66

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That is unfortunate, thanks for the info.

I tried running 1.3, but it wouldn't even recongize the drive. Installed 2.0.1, encountered the same problem as with ver. 2.0 (see previous post).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a HP pavilion dv6-3152nr, and I'm thinking about getting this to replace my HDD, can anyone here tell me if this SDD would be compatable with my system?

Yes you can put a SSD in the laptop, Problem is your laptop only has one HD , So the best bet, would be the 160GB SSD But get you a external HD for back-up. I did this on a DV9023 , and it ran so much faster it was like I Installed a Q-core.

Stick to a Intel , Because the Tool Box will not work on any other brand.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm glad I found this place and see that I'm not alone with this issue. I didn't want to create a new thread, so I figured I would bump this topic.

So I was having the same issue with trying to run the latest version of the SSD Toolbox (2.0.1) and trying to use the optomizer. Originally I got the "This tool is not supported on the selected drive" message for my G2 160gb ssd (updated with the latest firmware of course). I am running it on an ASUS P6X58D Premium board and running the drive in AHCI mode. I had the SSD connected to a SATA 3 6gb port, but once I switched the port to a normal SATA 2 connection it was able to run the problem with no problem. So that was my issue and I guess I have to deal with switching to a different SATA port each time I want to run the optimizer.

I recently installed the new 120gb drive on a friend's system using the same motherboard and connected it to the SATA 3 port and it ran with no problem. So there seems to be multiple reasons why this doesn't seem to work for some people, and I hope it's something that can be sorted out in the next version of the SSD Toolbox.