Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

The intel toolbox can't run optimizer

I have a x25-v ssd and installed it with win7. I have installed the toolbox but it can't run optimizer. Does anybody know it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
66 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Same issue here. G2 disk, latest firmware and the toolbox stilll says not supported. I am running Win7 but I am attaching the disk to a sata3 controller on an Asus p6x58d-e in AHCI mode (not RAID mode).

Worked fine on previous install, ata mode, also Win 7 so whats the issue? The Sata 3 controller?

idata
Community Manager

Argh, going to answer myself and facepalm a bit as I should have read a bit more. No need to run this optimiser when the system is in AHCI mode apparently.

idata
Community Manager

People all say this as you said but why it doesn't work?

idata
Community Manager

Same problem, SSD Optimizer v2.0 cites "This tool is not supported on the selected drive" (the selected drive is a new X25-V G2, with the latest firmware). A drive which, according to Intel's documentation, should be supported. However, unlike most of the posters on this thread, I have it installed on an older AMD based machine (Tyan K8WE) with Windows XP Pro (32 bit), which shouldn't matter.

I believe this is a problem with SSD Toolbox v2.0 and not the actual drive. The error seemed to suggest that the SSD Optimizer identifies all x25-v as containing 50nm NAND chips (the x25-v with 50nm NAND does not support TRIM) despite the second generation (G2) versions of this drive containing 32nm NAND chips and supporting TRIM. Unfortunately I cannot find a copy of SSD Toolbox v1.3 to test this theory.

idata
Community Manager

I have the ver 1.3. If you need it, I can send you.

idata
Community Manager

what is the ssd toolbox version u used?

idata
Community Manager

It is 1.3. It should be the new.

idata
Community Manager

I can NOT run the new optimizer that comes with toolbox 2.0.

I have an x25 160 gb running on an Asus M4AGTDPROUSB3 running on a SATA 3 port.

I can run the old optimizer that comes with toolbox 1.3.

I have uninstalled toolbox 2.0 and gone back to 1.3 but I would like to know why this is happening. Why does the old one work but not the new one??

idata
Community Manager

what if u run SSD toolbox 2.0 on a SATA 2 port? will it work?

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for your information. the ver 2.0 find 2 problems of my PC. The 1 is superfetch must be disabled and the other 1 is volume shadow copy must be enabled. But the optimization still failed again and again after I done the 2 items. I think the software is still young. They need to upgrade it. It should tell us why it fails.

idata
Community Manager

I have the same problem too~

idata
Community Manager

Same problem here.

I also have the X25-V 40GB and tried to use toolbox 1.3 without succes, nothing was selectable.

Upgraded the firmware to 2CV102HD , still nothing in v 1.3

Installed v2.01 , but i'm still unable to select the drive, the screen just refreshes and no option is availlable.

Using this drive on a Asrock Penryn1600SLI-110DB with NVIDIA NFORCE chipset.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing.

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Optimizer won't run with Nivida chipset.

idata
Community Manager

That is unfortunate, thanks for the info.

I tried running 1.3, but it wouldn't even recongize the drive. Installed 2.0.1, encountered the same problem as with ver. 2.0 (see previous post).

idata
Community Manager

I have a HP pavilion dv6-3152nr, and I'm thinking about getting this to replace my HDD, can anyone here tell me if this SDD would be compatable with my system?

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Yes you can put a SSD in the laptop, Problem is your laptop only has one HD , So the best bet, would be the 160GB SSD But get you a external HD for back-up. I did this on a DV9023 , and it ran so much faster it was like I Installed a Q-core.

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Stick to a Intel , Because the Tool Box will not work on any other brand.

idata
Community Manager

I'm glad I found this place and see that I'm not alone with this issue. I didn't want to create a new thread, so I figured I would bump this topic.

So I was having the same issue with trying to run the latest version of the SSD Toolbox (2.0.1) and trying to use the optomizer. Originally I got the "This tool is not supported on the selected drive" message for my G2 160gb ssd (updated with the latest firmware of course). I am running it on an ASUS P6X58D Premium board and running the drive in AHCI mode. I had the SSD connected to a SATA 3 6gb port, but once I switched the port to a normal SATA 2 connection it was able to run the problem with no problem. So that was my issue and I guess I have to deal with switching to a different SATA port each time I want to run the optimizer.

I recently installed the new 120gb drive on a friend's system using the same motherboard and connected it to the SATA 3 port and it ran with no problem. So there seems to be multiple reasons why this doesn't seem to work for some people, and I hope it's something that can be sorted out in the next version of the SSD Toolbox.

idata
Community Manager

Its likely down to you having installed the Marvell driver that may not yet support TRIM uninstall this and use MS AHCI driver.

But your better off on the Intel SATA II ports for the SSD as you wouldn't get better performance by using a SATA 3 port anyway it only just max out SATA II ports as it is.