cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This complete lack of communication and updates is utterly horrible: X25-M

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This is the absolute worst I have ever been treated by a company regarding the failure of one of their products. I have a 160G X25-M and a 80G X25-M which both failed after the trim firmware update and us as a community has been in limbo since day 1. I have spent a lot of money on intel products lately, I built an i7 based system at launch and was just about to pull the trigger on purchasing a socket 1156 based i7 for my wife and based on the quality of support and communication from Intel I chose parts from their primary competitor. We have not heard a single word for 11 days regarding this CATASTROPHIC FAILURE of VERY EXPENSIVE computer equipment and something needs to be done. Up to and including a possible CLASS ACTION SUIT. I am almost certain this post will never go live or be immediately deleted but I would just love for at least 1 person to read about my horrible disatisfaction with Intel, I have been a supporter since day 1 and I have now been treated like dirt. The "POPULAR TAGS" For this community forum say it all "FAILURE, FREEZE, G2, HANGS, INTEL, POSTVILLE"

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well I read it, and I agree that something should be done. I think the main reason that people are so peeved doesn't really have anything to do with how much these things cost, or how the data is lost etc... it's just that there has been no communication. Why? It doesn't make sense! Even if someone from intel came on here and tried to reassure faithful customers that a Intel does care about the situation, and that they're working on it, and maybe throw us a bone with an update on the status of the fix, then the level of animus here would be much less. I wonder who is working in their PR department for SSDs... I bet they'll be looking for a new job soon. Possibly an education, as well.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, you can continue to wait for that (reassurance, an update, etc) to happen. I already gave up and sent my drives back. I hope that replacements will arrive soon. Because even if Intel manages to release an updated firmware soon, it is nowhere near certain that the lost data can be recovered, or that damaged blocks can be repaired, by it. And every damaged block results in decreased lifespan of the drive. thats why i am rather on the safe side, getting new drives. it might take longer, but i will also be able to use the new SSDs for a longer time.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Edit: I now see the update. Right on

Yeah, I cross-shipped my drive on the day it happened and got a replacement 2 days later, so I'm not worried about that. But still, an ETA on the new firmware would be nice.