cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is just silly... SSD Toolbox Optimizer stopped running.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

By the picture below you can see the optimizer used to run on my Intel DP55KG motherboard with a single X-25 80GB as my boot drive. This board has 8 ports. 6 via PCH and 2 discrete. This new intel board allowed me to set the 6 ports to RAID and the 2 to IDE (ACHI not availble).

This is suppose to a simple setup with a SSD boot drive and RAID 0 for the data. (No the SSD is not part of the RAID)

This was working fine and as of November 3, 2010 at 6:15:08pm the optimizer ran for it's last time. Now I can't run it and I get the message on the screen below.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the toolbox.

I've went back to Toolbox 1.3 with no luck.

It's asking for the latest firmware which is reported at 2CV102HG. I think that's the latest.

This is a new motherboard and a new drive. I was hoping this was going to be an easy build.

Thanks in advance!

FYI - My drive is SAEG4510-310

14 REPLIES 14

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

SSD toolbox should run on this G2 SSD. Can you check again the firmware version if it is 02HD??

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Mashime,

Just be extra thorough I did run the firmware cd again. It did confirm there was nothing to update as the current firmware version is 2CV102HD.

Any other thoughts?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't have a quick answer for you, but a few thoughts:

Do NOT change your firmware, that is not the problem. That firmware error message appears when things are screwed up with the Toolbox and who knows what else. Given that you have an X-25M 80GB G2GC SSD, firmware is a non-issue, don't waste your time with that.

You did not mention it, but I predict you are using... Windows XP? If so, the Toolbox and XP don't get along sometimes it seems.

What are you using for a RAID controller? Your motherboard can run two separate RAID controllers actually.

We need more information, some I have asked. I have no idea what a SAEG4510-310 is, the Toolbox does not list anything with that ID.

Your mother board is not simple and it's BIOS and options are complex, and it's easy to make an innocent mistake changing something, I've done it many times. Try to recall if you tweaked something in the BIOS, or installed a Windows Update of some kind. Toolbox issues tend to not be simple.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Parsec,

I am running Win 7 Pro. I've changed very little on the board. The only real tweaking I've done is on the original build put in 2 sticks of Corsair XMS memory which I am currently running at 1600 flawlessly.

Where I get a little confused is with what I believe is the Product Code on the drive. I don't know what I'm talking about here so here are all the numbers.

It may not mean anything but I get different values depending on where I'm reading it.

The box it came says PRODUCT CODE: SSDSA2MH080G2R5

The sticker on the actual drive says: SSDSA2M080G2

There is also a SA number at the top of the sticker that says SA: E64510-310

The BIOS reads the drive as: SA2M080G2GC

I have no idea what side is up on these numbers.

As far as RAID, I am running the drivers that came with the Intel DP55KG install CD and upgraded to everything off the website. As far as software I am using Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Is that the answer you are looking for, or do you need some specs from the BIOS or Win 7 Device Manager.

I also have not touched anything with the Marvel driver.