cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the Intel NAND Solution Group

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You guys don't learn or don't care or your mgmt has you hamstrung. Words of advice. When customers buy computer products, one of the things they look at is Support. How does the company handle support? I paid top premium for the SSD drives when they first came out. I'm not complaining about price because I knew what i was doing, BUT, and here is the big part; I will not pay top premium for another if i believe there is NO SUPPORT for the drives.

Communication is vital. It doesn't cost you 1 cent to communicate, even if you might take some flack from those that just want to complain. But it will definitely cost you in the long run TO NOT COMMUNICATE. Maybe you just don't care because SSD sales is probably a fraction of your net sales now, but if you had a business eye you could see how it could become a huge part of your sales.

You might engineer a damn good drive, but no one will buy it if they can buy the competitors drives at a good price point AND GET SUPPORT when their issues or if they need to know how to make the drive perform best.

I give OCZ, one of your major competitors, credit; THEY COMMUNICATE.

Words to the wise.

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

bought a new drive and been waiting for 2 weeks to update the firmware and still waiting... this is really unacceptable from a company like intel... i think intel should give some compensation to all x25m g2 owners who are troubled by firmware issues...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well said, dbm. Amen for that.

[I have switched bussiness partners (my local PC part suppliers) exactly because of the unacceptable support and RMA process. And I have not regret it. Some of them were in a position not to care about small businesses then - now it has turned otherwise in many cases, but they won't see a cent from me. Wise learn, the others don't.]

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

+1

All companies have problems. What differentiates companies is how they deal with those problems.

Intel -1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, it's quite obvious by now that Intel doesn't give a damn about it's customers as soon as the purchase is made.

The OP is quite right and it couldn't have been said better.

Another -1 for Intel!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I agree with you guys. Another -1.

I thought I made the right move when I moved from the 1st gen. OCZ to Intel, but it seems I`ll not to buy anything else from Intel.

OCZ has a proper Customer Service not like Intel, they`re talking and listening every day.