Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox v3.2.3 SSD Optimizer Crash

NSCL
New Contributor

Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox v3.2.3

Intel SSD 520 Series drive

Every time the SSD Optimizer is ran, it crashes with the error: "Analyzer.exe has stopped working".

This error appears in Windows Event Viewer:

Event ID 1000, Application Error. Faulting application Analyzer.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x535a83f1, faulting module Analyzer.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x535a83f1, exception code 0x40000015, fault offset 0x000097cf, process id 0x17c4, application start time 0x01cfcd19a9a82310.

And it creates 20 files named --=={Intel_Trim_File_(number)}==--.bin that fill up my entire drive.

Windows Event Viewer shows that Intel Toolbox SSD.exe creates an error Event ID 1026 with .NET 4.0, so I removed and reinstalled NET 4.0. The problem still happens. Reinstalling all versions of .NET didn't help either.

Please help ASAP because an SSD without trim is doomed.

15 REPLIES 15

WGlov1
New Contributor

Hi Kevin,

I have a similar problem as well after upgrading the toolbox to v3.2.3. When trying to run it, it hangs and 'if' I can exit the toolbox, files named --=={Intel_Trim_File_(number)}==--.bin have filled up the drive. I hope some of the following info may help you... I have Intel 530 SSD's in 5 of my computers, all Dells, a laptop, a 490, and three T3400. Four of them seem to work okay with v3.2.3. One of the T3400's exhibits this problem. All of the T3400's are configured with the same Bios Rev, nearly the same hardware, and all are Windows 7 64 bit.

I went back to v3.2.1 on the one T3400 that had the problem and now it 'seems' to work okay. However I have noticed a strange thing. On all of the computers, except this T3400, when I run the optimizer the progress bar goes to around 85% almost immediately. On this one computer using v3.2.1, it goes slowly up to 100% as one would expect. I went back to v3.2.1 on another T3400, but nothing changed, still jumps to 85%, which makes me wonder now which version toolbox and computer is operating properly?

So I will be following this thread with great interest also. And using v3.2.1 for now. My understanding is the update to v3.2.3 was for 1TB drives, which I don't have any, so no problem there.

Thanks,

BugsMe

NSCL
New Contributor

I was advised by ken-Intel to install v3.2.1, but the crash is still happening.

Analyzer.exe has stopped working

Faulting application Analyzer.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x518159ef, faulting module Analyzer.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x518159ef, exception code 0x40000015, fault offset 0x0000b9b5, process id 0xbb0, application start time 0x01cfd2a599e94f6a.

And FYI, I removed v3.2.3 through Programs and Features, restarted, installed v3.2.1, restarted again. I notice that the application remembered by scheduled tasks after the uninstall, so everything wasn't removed. Perhaps it also left something else behind that is causing this crash?

WGlov1
New Contributor

Hi nwt,

Well, that's a bummer! My problem was a bit different as it was a hang rather than a crash when I attempted to run the toolbox, so I was able to Uninstall v 3.2.3 and replace it with v3.2.1. For whatever it's worth, I noticed the hard drive LED stays on nearly constantly when operating correctly with 3.2.1 and pauses several times until it finally hangs using v3.2.3

I looked to see if Intel had a universal uninstaller for their toolbox, but couldn't find one.

From what I've read, it appears that their toolbox is dependent on certain versions of Java and Microsoft .NET Framework, so some issues may go back to those.

Hopefully Intel will come thru on some of these posts. I have nearly $1k invested in their SSD's, I can only hope that eventually they will put as much effort into the toolbox as they have into their SSD development.

Edit 9/23/14 - Seems I've found part of the issue with regard to my computer(s). V3.2.3 does not like Windows 7 System Restore to be enabled, however v3.2.1 works okay with it enabled. Normally I wouldn't use system restore anyhow, but it seems strange that the SSD Optimizer in the new version Toolbox has a problem with it. Makes me wonder what other problems v3.2.3 might have. You'd think the Toolbox would give a Warning to turn restore off if the intention is to not leave it enabled. So I'll stick with v3.2.1 for now.

NSCL
New Contributor

It is now two weeks later. Any update on this problem?

I have passed this information to engineering. I understand your frustration and I am sorry for the delay on getting a solution.

I will be back soon with more updates.

Kevin M