cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock PC Opal Encryption

AWong15
New Contributor

Hello all,

I have a Intel M.2 SSD which was locked by McAfee PC Opal Encryption. However, it was not usable after remove the McAfee Encryption using EETech. No way to format the drive or delete the partition under window 10 or apple environments. Any idea how to recover the driver? If possible, I would like to try keeping all data in the SSD. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi anson1999,

I was able to find a way that should work to reset an Opal locked drive using the Intel® SSD Pro Admin Tool. I'm not sure if you have tried this as you mentioned that you already used this tool.You should use the PSID that is on the drive label to perform an Opal Revert. This process will return the drive back to factory settings which means the data will be lost.Please try this method. You can find a well explanation about this in the following user guide for the tool (page 11): https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/ssd-software/Intel_SSD_... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/ssd-software/Intel_SSD_...Make sure the drive is connected directly to the motherboard in the correct slot. If you have the drive connected through USB using some kind of adapter, the process won't work.You can download the Intel® SSD Pro Admin Tool from this site in case you don't have the latest version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27496/Intel-SSD-Pro-Administrator-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27496/Intel-SSD-Pro-Administrator-ToolI hope this process helps you.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

Hello Diego,

I tried but it gave me error. The drive is attached to computer directly and under WinPE environment. Please see below. Thanks.

SSDProAdminTool_2.0.2.401_win32.exe show

- Intel SSD Pro 5400s Series Opal Ready CVLY63030265180C -

Model Number INTEL SSDSCKKF180H6L

Device Path .PHYSICALDRIVE0

Marketing String Intel SSD Pro 5400s Series Opal Ready

Firmware LSFL37P

Serial Number CVLY63030265180C

Index 0

Device Status Healthy

Opal State Opal Activated

eDrive Supported False

SSDProAdminTool_2.0.2.401_win32.exe psid_revert -intelssd 0

The PSID revert operation will revert the drive back to its original factory state.

THIS OPERATION WILL MAKE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR DRIVE INACCESSIBLE!

Intel is not responsible for loss of data using this tool.

WARNING! PSID revert will erase ALL the data on the drive!

Proceed with the operation (YN) Y

Enter SSD Pro Series PSID value.

The 32 character value can be located physically on the drive's label.

The value is case sensitive. Enter it as it appears on the label or scan the 2D barcode next to the value.

The value may appear as two values on multiple lines.

Enter a single value with no spaces or new lines.

Enter PSID [(q) to quit] C171D0CB20AE5B24FC9E89DE9CA82322

Error Selected Drive contains a partition. Remove all partitions to proceed.

SSDProAdminTool_2.0.2.401_win32.exe psid_revert -intelssd CVLY63030265180C

The PSID revert operation will revert the drive back to its original factory state.

THIS OPERATION WILL MAKE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR DRIVE INACCESSIBLE!

Intel is not responsible for loss of data using this tool.

WARNING! PSID revert will erase ALL the data on the drive!

Proceed with the operation (YN) Y

Enter SSD Pro Series PSID value.

The 32 character value can be located physically on the drive's label.

The value is case sensitive. Enter it as it appears on the label or scan the 2D barcode next to the value.

The value may appear as two values on multiple lines.

Enter a single value with no spaces or new lines.

Enter PSID [(q) to quit] C171D0CB20AE5B24FC9E89DE9CA82322

Error Selected Drive contains a partition. Remove all partitions to proceed.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi anson1999,

Thank you for the information provided.I see that you cannot complete the task because the drive contains a partition according to the error message. I'm aware of the fact that you cannot delete the partitions so please let me investigate if there is something else we can do about it.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

SMuns
New Contributor

Hi Diego V,

Would Diskpart work?

Regards,

Shawn.

Hello Shawn,

I finally fix the issue. Here is the steps.

1. Plug the SSD the computer directly and boot the WinPE

2. CMD (Admin), Diskpart

3. Select target disk and delete all the partitions with override

4. Run the SSDProAdmin psid_revert -intelssd 0 and enter the PSID which can be found on the label

5. After the the Opal will be disable