Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Firmware released

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

If you haven't seen this yet in the announcements or in the replies:

Intel has released a new firmware (02HD) and firmware update tool (version 1.5) to fix the issue with the firmware update process on 34nm (G2) Intel® X25-M SSDs (80GB and 160GB).

Intel recommends that end users http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download this firmware update tool and upgrade your SSD

• This new firmware provides Trim support (on 80GB and 160GB) and better sequential write performance (on 160GB)

• If you experience any issues during the upgrade process contact http://www.intel.com/go/ssdsupport Intel Customer Support

@ xout: Thanks for getting the word out.

rgds,

alan

NAND Solutions Group

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

KInd of hard to believe the new firmware causes a decrease in performance. I have not updated my 02HA and after reading your post, I don't intend to. Still, I find it difficult to understand how performance would be hindered by new firmware.

Are you using msahci driver and BIOS set to AHCI?

I just re-read your other post and see you are doing RAID 0--then that is the problem.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Can I get an answer to my question above?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have found this process confusing. Is the upgrade and new tool safe to use? And, I cannot find the version numbers on my SSD...here are my 'numbers' from the Intel 160gig SSD I have:

mfg part: SSDSA2MH160G2C1

Version: E64509 -307(on box)

Pack date: 7aug09

So, should I do the upgrade??

Help, someone... Thanks

Brian in RI/USA

mailto:bbtennis1@cox.net bbtennis1@cox.net

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you didn't update the last firmware, 02HA, then you should update to new firmware but read the readme first. Is it safe to upgrade? There is only one way to know.

You can check your present firmware version by going to Device Manager, double-click the disk, click Details, select Hardware Ids from drop-down menu and see your firmware.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This is the info listed in device manager:

"IDE/DiskINTEL_SSDSA2M160G2GC______2CV102G9"

So, which firmware do I have, and do I need to update?

Thanks for your patience with me...

Brian