cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to RST drivers questions

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So I installed the Lenovo drivers by running the install, going to my intel ICH Storage Controller in Device Manager and "updating drivers". It asked me to reboot and now it says i am on version 9.5.7.1002.

Questions:

1. Do i need to upgrade any other drivers?
  2. What about the driver that the BIOS uses at startup?
  3. Is the Intel Matrix Storage Console still usable or do i need to uninstall this?
  4. When i select drives (all the drives present on my system), it mentions a driver version 6.1.7600.16385 -- what is this and how do i / should i update this?

My configuration is:

Dell Studio XPS 9000 (435t)

Onboard Intel ICH10R

80 gig SSD as OS drive (on board)

2*500gig 7200 drives in RAID 0 (onboard)

BIOS set to RAID (as opposed to achi)

3 REPLIES 3

DZand
Contributor III

bandrews schrieb:

Questions:

1. Do i need to upgrade any other drivers?
  2. What about the driver that the BIOS uses at startup?
  3. Is the Intel Matrix Storage Console still usable or do i need to uninstall this?
  4. When i select drives (all the drives present on my system), it mentions a driver version 6.1.7600.16385 -- what is this and how do i / should i update this?

Here are my answers:

1. No.
    2. The BIOS doesn't need any driver
    3. The Intel Matrix Storage Manager should be uninstalled. If you want, you can install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application v9.5.7.1002 instead. You can get the complete package here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm
    4. The "driver" version you mentioned is nothing else than the Build number of your currently running Operating System Win7 (Final version).

Regards

Fernando

idata
    Esteemed Contributor III

I've tried the RST driver and it made my system drastically slower. I went back to msahci.

DZand
    Contributor III

toncij schrieb:

I've tried the RST driver and it made my system drastically slower. I went back to msahci.

Other users made other experiences. They reported to have gotten a performance increase after having installed the Intel drivers.

Conclusion: Each system may react differently. The user has to find out him/herself, which is the best solution.

Regards

Fernando