cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Guide for Solid State Drive Data Center Tool 3.0.0 is missing

GJago
New Contributor II

In contrast to the statement https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931 there "The DCT User Guide is included in both of the downloadable ZIP files [...]" I can't find the Data Center Tool User Guide in any of the three zip files.

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Here is the link to the guide. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/ssd-software/000020016.html User and Install Guides for Intel® SSD Data Center Tool

We posted it on the support site. My apologies for not including the link in the download.

GJago
New Contributor II

Thank you for this link. It should also be posted on the tool's download page where I linked to in my first post.

Now I'm able to do a

isdct.exe show -display raw -smart C2

resulting in these lines:

- SMART Attributes BTWL4200007H480QGN -

- C2 -

Raw : 46

- SMART Attributes PHWL429200FB480QGN -

- C2 -

Raw : 49

VBela
New Contributor

So I managed to figure this one out on my own. As mentioned above after installing the Data Center Tool 3.0.0 on my ESXi 5.5 host, rebooting, I then:

Had no idea where isdct was installed to, so I ran "find | grep intel" to determined its location. Once I had that available I was able to determine the correct isdct commands via some non-intel blogs. I then ran the following to update the NVMe on my ESXi host using PuTTY over SSH.

./opt/intel/isdct/isdct show -intelssd

Then loaded the firmware update using

./opt/intel/isdct/isdct load -intelssd 0

("0" being the ID of this nvme device on my host)

Rebooted the host after the above was complete.

After reboot was complete, to verify that everything was completed as expected I ran the show command once more.

./opt/intel/isdct/isdct show -intelssd

Note: The "." dot prefixed to the path, as isdct is not attached to ESXi system $PATH environment.

You can either CD to the isdct directory, but you will still need to prefix the ./ to the isdct executable: "./isdct show -intelssd" etc from /opt/intel/isdct/ as the active path.

Hopefully this helps someone in the immediate future until some official documentation is released.

Cheers,

V