cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Guide for Solid State Drive Data Center Tool 3.0.0 is missing

GJago
New Contributor II

In contrast to the statement https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931 there "The DCT User Guide is included in both of the downloadable ZIP files [...]" I can't find the Data Center Tool User Guide in any of the three zip files.

7 REPLIES 7

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Georg,

Is there any particular piece of information you are looking for regarding this tool?

VBela
New Contributor

I am here for the exact same reason as the OP.

Trying to determine how to run the Data Center Tool on my ESXi host and I have no idea how to do this. It is not documented - as far as I can tell.

I see that Windows and Linux it is done via the command line, no mention of VMware.

There is zero mention of how to run this on my VMware ESXi host. I was able to install the tool using the esxcli install vib, but after that - I was left on my own to figure out the rest.

It is not very intuitive nor do I immediately know how to get this running on my ESXi 5.5 host.

This tool needs documentation desperately and relatively fast.

Cheers,

V

GJago
New Contributor II

The syntax using isdct.exe has changed, Until now I was able to query the temperatures of my SSDs (Intel SSD DC S3500 Series) using

isdct.exe show -display raw -sensor ID=C2

resulting in

- BTWL4200007H480QGN.C2 -

raw: 34

- PHWL429200FB480QGN.C2 -

raw: 36

Now I'm getting

Syntax Error: Invalid command. Error at or around '='.

Did you mean:

show [-help|-h] [-display|-d (Property1,...)] [-all|-a] [-output|-o (text|nvmxml|json)] -sensor [-intelssd [(Index|SerialNumber)]]

instead.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

VBela
New Contributor

Not sure if this helps or not

isdct show -sensor | grep Temperature

OR

isdct show -sensor -intelssd | grep Temperature

OR

isdct show -sensor -intelssd 0 | grep Temperature

But, yes - an updated User Guide is a required.

P.S. Sorry to have hi-jacked your thread with my blurb.