cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRoa
Novice

Using a different SPI Flash in existing design

Hi Guys,

Hope this post finds you good in health.

I have one old PCB hardware design with me. It use some SPI Flash as program memory. Now for the further production of the design, I need to find another Flash device, which should be available for further longer periods of time(as current one is obsolete).

I have searched many other fitting devices.

I made decision on the following parameters:

Operating volatge

Package ( 8-SOIC)

Size(16Mb)

Operation frequency

Set of commands.

Every thing seems perfectly fitting. But Device IDs are different for the ICs I could find.

Now, the software is written both in C and Verilog (not developed by me). I couldn't find any reference to the the device ID.

The question is: For which thing this devices IDs are required and usually where that device ID may be residing in developed codes?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Tahirsengine.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Solid State Drives Technical Support.

Your question is out of our scope of support in view of the fact that Intel® does not provide support to SPI Flash memories and since you are posting in the Solid State Drives community, we cannot assure you that other users will be able to reply to your question.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

idata
Community Manager

Hello Tahirsengine.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.
TRoa
Novice

Sure you can. The purchased devices worked perfectly.