Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

VROC boot problem

KOstr
Beginner

Hello all,

I am having constant issues with Windows 10 booting from my VROC RAID0 volume. In about 30% of cases Windows boot hangs with the balls rolling indefinitely. The only help is to use hard reset. I believe I have a configuration that should be fully supported according to Intel documentation.

Here are the most relevant details of my configuration:

Intel Xeon W-2155

ASUS WS C422 Pro/SE (latest BIOS version 702)

Intel VROCPREMMOD Key

ASUS Hyper M.2 X16

Samsung SM961 MZVKW1T0HMLH (four units)

no other storage devices connected to either PCH or VMD

Broadcom MegaRAID 9460-16i controller (with non-bootable RAID6 using mechanical disks)

I have one VROC array configured with two volumes: RAID0 boot volume (1TB), and RAID5 data volume (2TB). Windows was freshly installed with the help of F6 drivers version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27331/Intel-Virtual-RAID-on-CPU-Intel-VROC-and-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-enterprise-Intel-RSTe-Driver-for-Windows- 5.3.0.1413.

Best regards,

Karol

0 Kudos
23 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Karol,

That's great!

Thank you for sharing the updates in the community. Other users might be benefit from this information as well.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
KOstr
Beginner

Hello Diego,

ASUS has officially released a new BIOS version 0802 for my motherboard WS C422 PRO/SE. This is the official BIOS release with VROC 5.4 and the correction for boot problems described in this thread.

Best regards,

Karol

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Karol,

That's great!

Thank you very much for sharing this update. This will be helpful indeed for other community members that may have the same motherboard model.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos