cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What RAID controller for a pair of X25M G2s

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am buying a new Windows 7 (i7-870 / P55) system with two 80GB X25-M G2s and would like suggestions for the best RAID controller. My biggest concern is one that will allow me the upgrade the SSD firmware easily.

17 REPLIES 17

CHend7
New Contributor

Hi Roland. What you are saying is true of course but the fact is that Microsoft (and Intel for that matter) will NOT support winding back drivers on Windows 7. The fact that we have also done the same as you on a number of machines inside our Datacenter is irrelevant

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Blowd,

BTW on my system with the results posted before, i'm using the following: Windows 7 64 - 2 G2's raid0 - GA - P45 - ICH10R - driver 8.6.2.1012 for a couple of month's - No issues.

Roland

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I agree with your philosophy, my reply to Blowd whas intended to help him to get rid of his problems, because (and this is an assumption) if he follows the same pad as before, i believe the problem will remain. I am for a long time in this business and I know out of many years of experience, It is very uncommon that hardware is bad. I posted that before, and some people got offended, i did not state that to offend anybody.

Good luck,

Roland