cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the latest firmware version number for SSD, 320 Series, 80GB?

PWert
New Contributor II

Greetings - My version is 4PC10302. The detailed description contained in the SATA SSD Drive Firmware Update Tool contains updates for X25 series and provides the latest version number. It goes on to say the download is valid for the 320 Series but does not provide version numbers. Can you point me to a revision history for the SSD, 320 Series. Thank you. Peter

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks like shipping firmware is the latest. I'm imagining what intel will do is have one firmware update CD for all their SSDs, so that's why it says 'this download is applicable to the 320 series'. but the PDF and link doesn't mention anything except the X25 series.... also, the 300/500 series weren't even around when that SSD firmware update was posted.

So i wouldn't worry!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As Ozz said, the latest firmware for the 320 series drives is 4PC10302, which is the same firmware as what's being shipped. There are no firmware upgrades available at this time. Is there a problem you're having that would warrant need for a firmware upgrade which we can help you with?

PWert
New Contributor II

koitsu - Thanks for the response. I do not have a problem with the SSD.

When I rebooted after installing the SSD, I got a high temp alarm indication on my IDU for "Other/Unknown Temperature" .This Unknown Temp display showed up where my HDD Temp had been prior to the SSD installation. The threshold temp is zero. I raise the threshold temp but every time I reboot it resets to Zero. I posted about this on the desktop forum and got some responses but have not been able to correct the problem. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks. Peter

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't know what an "IDU" is, but what you're describing is obviously a flaw its its design. Intel SSDs -- along with many other brands (Corsair, Crucial, OCZ, etc.) have no temperature/thermistor support (literally there is no hardware on the disk to provide this), and they have no SMART attribute for temperature monitoring. Software which *assumes* the attribute exists is, simply put, wrong/broken/buggy.

There's a topic already on this board for what sounds to be this exact issue, but for HP ProLiant servers (whose system management boards appear to be incorrectly assuming SMART attribute 194 exists on a hard disk, and reports the temperature as 0xFF (255 Celcius)):

http://communities.intel.com/thread/21282?tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/21282?tstart=0

Again: this is not an Intel problem, and is not SSD-specific. It can happen with any drive, mechanical or SSD, which does not provide SMART attribute 194. Nothing requires a vendor to implement SMART attribute 194; which attributes a vendor implements is up to them, and it is not required by the ATA8-ACS standard.

Please contact your vendor of the "IDU" to explain the bug; point them to this thread. I will be more than happy to communicate with their engineers if need be.