cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What must happen that Intel's Customer Support answers my emails?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

since firmware version 02HA my sdd (x25 80GB) has a s.m.a.r.t error and Windows 7 always tell me that I gonna loose my data soon.

The Intel SSD toolbox's s.m.a.r.t test show me the error and tell me that I should contact Intel for further instructions. Here in the forum Intel writes that if somethings went wrong with the firmware update, contact Intel's Support.

So I wrote an email. No answer. I waited a week and wrote another email. No answer.

Now when the 02HD firmware came out, I hoped that it will fix the s.m.a.r.t error. But no.

So I wrote another email to the support, No answer.

Why? I filled out the formular correctly.

Does the support answers to you?

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

you're not alone. i emailed intel a question a few weeks ago, no email confirmation, no reply. they dont even reply in their own forum to specific questions, which are being asked time and time again.

never seen anything like it to be honest.

Johnny_Y_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

really sorry to hear that, maybe you can give a call to Intel support, normally it will be faster

You can find the phone number at http://www.intel.com/support/9089.htm http://www.intel.com/support/9089.htm

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You will not get telephone support unless they are in receipt of a lot of information first. (I was asked for serial numbers, batch codes, OS information etc, etc and then they came back and asked for a photo of the drives. It was almost like they did not believe I owned the drives. )

Once you get over the "what colour socks are you wearing" hurdle you will find that no one knows anything about ssd. When someone is eventually tracked down that allegedly knows about ssd you get wrong advice. At least that was my experience. I asked a specific question and the advice I was given was contradicted in a rare post on this forum by the Intel nand group.

Bottom line; forget support from Intel on this forum or via a support ticket. Just RMA, it's much quicker.