cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which AHCI driver for SSD?

BMurp9
New Contributor

Hi Guys, I have a Windows 7 PC with a Gigabyte EP45-DS3 motherboard, up to date BIOS and Intel P45 chipset ICH10R. Just installed a Samsung SSD 850 EVO to speed up the system disc. All installed ok, but working with frequent blue screen crashes. SSD is not yet running as AHCI because when I set AHCI in the BIOS, it warns that the Intel SATA AHCI BIOS is iSrc 1.07 and supports HDD & CD-ROM only - then it crashes!

I assume I need an uptodate AHCI driver, but which one. I think I need RST_11.6.0.1030_RAID_AHCI_driver_GUI_CLI_2012.10.11 but would like confirmation. I do not use RAID and the PC is a simple workstation, not a server.

I hope this makes sense.

3 REPLIES 3

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello Electrovellum,

You can get a better answer through the Samsung support since the SSD belongs to them.

On our best effort to help you here is the link for their support: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/ssd850evo/overview.htm... Samsung SSD 850 EVO Overview | Samsung SSD

BMurp9
New Contributor

I must admit to being disappointed by your reply. I have searched through the Samsung site and cannot, even with your link, find online support. Not your problem, I do understand, but I thought Intel would be able to answer what I thought was a straightforward question. Please reconsider.

Regards

Bob

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello Electrovellum,

Thank you for your time. We were researching on this issue in order to provide our best effort to assist you.

We've concluded our research and the results are the driver 11.6... is not tested with your chipset. Your best option is to check with the motherboard manufacturer and obtain the latest drivers for the chipset. *If you want to try the driver 11.x manually, please make sure you have your data backed up to avoid any possible data loss.