cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 545s have low write speed?

hardlexx
New Contributor II

Hi. I have SSD 128 GB on M2 (545s). When I chek speed - is lower specification speed. When I Install Toolbox 3.5.8 and update firmware - no improvements. In stores feedback many users tell about this problem, but nobody solve.

Maybe, Intel have special driver for Windows 10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hardlexx
New Contributor II

I have fast and exact answer from Asus. If on my motherboard CPU not Ryzen (I have Athlon) - m.2 slower.

Specifications Asus:

"AMD Ryzen™ Processors : 

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)

AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon™ Processors: 

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 2 mode)"

You was right, about compatibility. Tanks for your time, and best regards)image

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III
Hello Hardlexx, Thank you for your reply to Intel® SSD Support. We have received both your SSU Logs and the S.M.A.R.T. file We have analyzed data and found no hardware related errors in your Intel® SSD 545s Series unit. Benchmarking process and results might differ sometimes due to a series of factors and it’s almost impossible to replicate same process with all motherboards. Manufacturers do perform specific tests and as indicated in this link: http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Memory%20and%20Storage# , Intel® has no validated your motherboard to your Intel® SSD 545s Series unit. Our recommendation is to contact directly your motherboard provider, in order to request for compatibility test with your Intel® SSD 545s We are looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

hardlexx
New Contributor II

Thank you. Wrote to Asus.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III
Hello Hardlexx, Thank you for your reply to Intel® SSD Support. Please let us know if you might need further assistance after contacting OEM. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

hardlexx
New Contributor II

I have fast and exact answer from Asus. If on my motherboard CPU not Ryzen (I have Athlon) - m.2 slower.

Specifications Asus:

"AMD Ryzen™ Processors : 

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)

AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon™ Processors: 

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 2 mode)"

You was right, about compatibility. Tanks for your time, and best regards)image

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III
Hi Hardlexx, Thank you for your reply to Intel® SSD Support. We truly appreciate for your fast and kind return to us and taking the time to share this OEM provided response, with the community. Might you need further assistance, please let us know; otherwise, please confirm if we can close this case Have a nice day. Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation