cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Intel makes pressure on KINGSTON to not deliver firmware update for TRIM for KINGSTON 40GB SSD ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Very scandalous to read today that Intel makes pressure on kingston to not deliver the firmware update for the KINGSTON 40GB SSD (identical product as INTEL X25V) !!!!

Don't forget, Mr INTEL , customer will not forget you !

You propose Intel controleur SSD product for KINGSTON and don't deliver support for your product !!!!

ONLY ONE WORD ! SCANDALOUS !

I hope you will read this post and consider that behind the KINGSTON 40GB SSD , there are customers who has bought a product ! We have bought a product with A support attached on it !!

Thanks for reading this post,

KR,

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I agree, Intel should resolve this case!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Alan that's a bunch of horse feathers if I ever heard it. Internally the 40gb Kingston is an intel product that is capable of being

upgraded to trim and that is how it was openly marketed for months without a peep from Intel. I purchased mine because of

having good and reasonable faith that your company would support it. Please see my other post in this regard!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@tblewy and others

The product you are referencing is marketed, sold, and supported by Kingston. Please contact Kingston with questions regarding their SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Repeating the same statement is not very helpful. We know that already and it doesn't change the fact that Intel make the controller and therefore presumably have some legal rights regarding any code which is written for it. If I am mistaken, I would be happy to be corrected.

I have already said that I have contacted Kingston. The unknown factor is whether or not Intel is preventing the development of TRIM firmware by Kingston

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Since you obviously, don't know whats going on.

Let me explain it in laymens terms for you.

And I quote (with some fixed translation issues)

"We discussed nearly half an hour with Louis Kaneshiro, senior technology manager at Kingston,...."

"Concerning the 40 GB X - 25V Intel-based SSD case, we learned the ending word. Its history and the withdrawal of the sale of the SSD. Kingston has indeed asked Intel to provide the TRIM on its SSD that Santa Clara giant refused. The reason is probably that Intel wanted to reserve this support for its X 25 - V out these days. Kingston has estimated that out a SSD without the TRIM at the time of Windows 7 support was not a good strategy and decided to throw the sponge. Kingston has also confirmed that we thought and that has exacerbated the problem, is that Intel production capacities are insufficient time... to meet the demand of SSD's"

Which means, Kingston, would like to support there drive.

Intel says, sure, as long as it doesn't have TRIM support.

Kingston says, what do you mean, we proved this market, this is ours.

Intel says, no, production is slow, this is now our market, you have the TRIM'less drive and thats final.

Kingston says, well, screw you too then, I'll go 100% Toshiba next year.

❤️ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHzkUsjDFdc