cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Intel makes pressure on KINGSTON to not deliver firmware update for TRIM for KINGSTON 40GB SSD ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Very scandalous to read today that Intel makes pressure on kingston to not deliver the firmware update for the KINGSTON 40GB SSD (identical product as INTEL X25V) !!!!

Don't forget, Mr INTEL , customer will not forget you !

You propose Intel controleur SSD product for KINGSTON and don't deliver support for your product !!!!

ONLY ONE WORD ! SCANDALOUS !

I hope you will read this post and consider that behind the KINGSTON 40GB SSD , there are customers who has bought a product ! We have bought a product with A support attached on it !!

Thanks for reading this post,

KR,

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I must tell you, Im pretty amused by this whole thing regarding Kingston, Intel and trim. Why you all people cry about the big bad Intel if you bought a KINGSTON drive ?

Im asking: Is it Intel fault, that Kingstone signed an agreement with Intel regarding using their technology and selling it as the Kingstone product on BOTH AGREED terms ? You should sent emails, and post your problems on the Kingstone forum or support center. Kingston representatives, who signed the agreement, i think were not blind at the time they sign it and they knew what they can bring for their potential customers. Im believing, that there was a statement in the agreement regarding the trim or firmware which was known to Kingston in moment they sign it. The only company to blame is Kingstone because they didnt do anything enough to fully cover their future support for the product. If you buy the Siemens wasch machine and it would broke, you would go and yell at the Siemens or maybe at the Bosch who really produce the machine and Siemens only sticks their logo ? Think about it.

Better example is OCZ: they throw their money to the supplier company and they have the best product support on the market right now including firmware and others. If Kingstone had this opportunity to include the trim in firmware upgrades by signing the agreement on higher price then its their fault. If Intel at the beggining said, that they would sell their technology to Kingstone, but WITHOUT the trim and Kingstone AGREED TO IT then again, its Kingstone fault. I dont blame the Intel cause its business is business and its Kingstone fault, that they cant include trim at the moment. They simply shoot their feet with that kind of move, and now, You, the Kingstone customers are angry, which is totally normal, because i would be angry too, but not in Intel direction.

If I buy RAM module from ABC company, I dont care if its based on Samsung, Toshiba, Elpida, Hynix or other modules. If something is wrong, then I go and yell at the ABC company for a bad product. Not the above manufacturers.

If the agreement between Intel and Kingstone stated, that trim would be avaiable by any means to Kingstone drives, and now Intel is breaking some of the agreement terms, then its ok: the Intel is bad. But I assume this didnt happen, because a lot of people would knew about already and it would be an open war between those two companies.

I just want to point, that it doesnt matter, who is the exactly supplier or manufacturer of the Kingstone ssd drives - I dont care about it. If I bought the drive from Kingston then they are responsible for its support.

PS.

Im sorry if my english isnt good enough.

Best regards from Poland to both Kingston and Intel ssd drive users!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you were the owner of one of the Intel-based Kingston drives, you would not be so amused.

I am communicating with Kingston but as yet, have not had any definitive answer from either company. I shall persevere until the matter is resolved.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sure there are many of us in the same boat who bought the Kingston 40BG only because of the clear and very logical promise of trim in the future. I certainly wouldn't have installed in my newly built W7 system if if it wasn't logical that Intel would support their own memory and controller modules in the future any more than thinking they wouldn't support their chipsets, though they were used in other manufacturers motherboards, with new drivers. In my opinion this would amount to bad and seemingly even cutthroat business practice. I sincerely hope they understand that fact and both help and allow Kingston to update the firmware for trim in this almost entirely Intel product in the near future.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I take it Jacol didn't read the artical and is ignorant on this subject.

It helps, if you're informed first

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Wrong, its Indlinx (not OCZ) is supporting firmware for all drives wich use this controller including SuperTalent, GSkill, Corsair, OCZ etc...

So the same responsibility is on Intel!