cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a Firmware update fix my broken SSDs or do i have to RMA them?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The title says it all. Should i wait for a firmware update from intel, or RMA my 3 SSDs right away?

Also it would be nice to have a time frame as to when the new firmware will be released. Are we talking hours, days or weeks?

Third question: i was able to initialize the 3 SSDs into a raid 0 on an adaptec 5805 raid controller again, after the controller lost the array because of the issue with the current FW. Is it safe to use the SSDs with the current FW, or could writing data on to them damage the drives?

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm in the same boat, after firmware update my Win7 x64 won't boot, Vista x64 (dual boot) reports ssd needs to be checked for errors. When I tried to run the optimizer in Vista it says I need at least 1TB free on the ssd. HDTune reports 2% red damaged sectors. In the Intel SSD optimizer, when I try to run full diagnostic scan the read scan fails instantly and in red it says contact an intel representative. I think it's RMA time....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

is it maybe possible to downgrade the firmware to the previous version? id do anything to get the SSDs working again.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

From what I've read it is not possible to revert to a previous firmware (seems like some people have tried it). I wish Intel would just announce something beyond "we are taking it seriously and looking into the issue". So far my experience with Intel support has been dismal at best. I sent an email to Intel support when I had issues two weeks ago regarding getting their firmware update software to recognize my X-25M G2 and STILL have not got a reply