Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBing3
Beginner

Will new software be developed for consumers to be able to migrate SSD drives?

Jump to solution

I just purchased a 665p NVMe SSD and when I went to find the migration software, I found that the current software was made EoL on 3/24/2020 with no replacement software being offered.  It seems to me that someone made a mistake in marking the current software as EoL with these products still being sold on the open market. All other manufacturers offer software along with their drive in order to be able to migrate existing drives over to the new drive. They provide this software without cost in order to ensure happy customers. Forcing a customer to purchase a third party application does not seem like a good business practice as the third party program may not work well with the drive.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello TBing3,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

We noticed you have another ticket open related to the same topic with our advance technical support department we will continue to assist you in that ticket.

Please take into consideration that we cannot comment on unreleased products.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JosafathB_Intel

Hello TBing3,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

We noticed you have another ticket open related to the same topic with our advance technical support department we will continue to assist you in that ticket.

Please take into consideration that we cannot comment on unreleased products.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post