cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the 34nm 25X-M drives be the only ones that will be able to be flashed for TRIM support?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

After reading for a while I don't see this question being answered clearly. I have one of the black X25-M drives and with today's annocement of the silver ones (with a different controller) it mentions that they will support a TRIM update when Windows 7 comes out.

Was curious as I'd rather pay a restocking fee and shipping to send my curent x25 back to the seller and pick up a siler x25 when they are out.

52 REPLIES 52

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

well i do know how Trim works and why it is needed......on MLC drives. As for The Core V1's....they will never ever get Trim, since they are not FLASHABLE.

Sure i am happy with the drives, considering the good performance, but the new drives are better.

Jeff

i hope you can see this

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No reply Intel? I just don't understand why you guys can't communicate with end users and address reasonable questions?

• Please provide a statement on TRIM support for G1 MLC drives. If it's not going to be forth coming what are the reasons?

• When the firmware is updated for TRIM support on G2 drives will Intel raid drivers be updated at the same time so that TRIM works with a raid array?

• When will the TRIM firmware update be issued for G2 drives? At the launch of Windows 7?

• Will the X25-E G1's be provided with TRIM support? If not why?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks like there is No INTEL inside this "community"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is somewhat concerning that still no official statement has been made with to regards future firmware updates for the X-25M (Gen1) drives

Intel have released an upgrade to the firmware updater tool (bringing it to 1.2), but sadly this still contains the same old 8820 firmware we have had for a few months now. My hope is that Intel will release an updated firmware intime or at launch of Windows 7 as currently the Gen1 X-25M drives do not have any critical errata (unlike the Gen2 drives which had the BIOS password bug)

John

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel are on record as saying that the enthusiast market was a key target for their ssd's yet they don't seem to have the ability or willingness (maybe both) to interact on even a basic level to keep their enthusiast market informed. A real shame and maybe something Intel will later regret as competitor ssd's improve and costs go down.