cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the drive, for example SSDPEDKE020T701, which is PCI Express 3.1 work in the 3.0 slot?

JBory
New Contributor

My client has an hp server and wants to buy an intel SSD for it. I must have confirmed compatibility.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello JBory,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

As we understand, you need assistance regarding your customer HP server with your Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can provide us with your system configuration including manufacturer, model and part number of all your system components and a copy of the SSU logs to try to have a better understanding of the system configuration.

1-    Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software.

2-    When finished downloading it, open it.

3-    Attach the file obtained to your reply post.

Our SSDs PCI 3.1 will normally work with the PCI 3.0 but we cannot assure you compatibility since that is more related to the motherboard design that to the drive itself.

We advise you to contact the system OEM (original equipment manufacturer) in your case HP to check the list of tested and compatible hardware for your Server system.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello JBory,

We have not heard from you since your reply post 10 days ago, please, let us know if you need further assistance related to the Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series. We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel and HP do not know if this equipment is compatible. I gave up my purchase.

*Post edited to remove personal information*

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello JBory,

Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned in our previous post; Our SSDs PCI 3.1 will normally work with the PCI 3.0 but we cannot assure you compatibility since that is more related to the motherboard design that to the drive itself.

We advise you to contact the system OEM (original equipment manufacturer) in your case HPE and insist on receiving a list compatible and tested hardware for your Server system. 

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Josh B.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello JBory,

We were reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance with your Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series or if we can close this community thread.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Please close thread.

*Post edited to remove personal information*