cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 TRIM not working?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have Win 7 x64 with the latest firmware on my drive but when I ran AS SSD, the drive significantly got faster after runing the toolbox optimizer. Does this mean TRIM is not working?

Some info: AHCI set in BIOS. Under Device Manager by connection: ACPI x64 > Microsoft ACPI > PCI Bus > Standard AHCI1.0 Serial ATA Controller, atapi.sys, ataport.sys, msahci.sys and pciidex.sys are listed. But under ATA Channel 0 where my INTEL SSD is attached, it only shows atapi.sys and ataport.sys.

5 REPLIES 5

MJohn29
New Contributor

Since getting my 160GB G2, I have probably reformatted with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 about five or six times now (for various reasons). The SSD is in a build with all new high-end components. Not once has Windows 7 "optimized" itself for the SSD. At one point I decided to install the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (not officially released yet) and then manually run the TRIM function via the toolbox. Felt like it took forever to complete and the system seemed faster afterwards (may have been placebo). I dont know...at this point I dont think there is anyway to prove if it is working or not when using the native Windows AHCI driver. Since Windows 7 is not optimizing for SSD, then why should we believe TRIM is working?