cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows sees my SSD as A HDD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My problem is windows sees my SSD as a HDD, And even the SSD toolbox reported no SSD.

using a 60GB 520 as the windows boot disk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello Glenn,

This happens because the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI) in device manager. In this case we suggest you to connect the drive to a regular SATA AHCI controller (which does not appear as SCSI in device manager) such as the Intel® SATA controller/chipset.

Reinstalling the operating system is recommended if this is the boot disk and if you want to connect it to a different controller as Windows* will require a different driver.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello Glenn,

This happens because the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI) in device manager. In this case we suggest you to connect the drive to a regular SATA AHCI controller (which does not appear as SCSI in device manager) such as the Intel® SATA controller/chipset.

Reinstalling the operating system is recommended if this is the boot disk and if you want to connect it to a different controller as Windows* will require a different driver.