cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows setup does not recognise X25-M SSD on Lenovo T61

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a Lenovo T61 laptop and have installed an X25-M 80GB SSD in it. It is recognised in the bios, and bios runs a test on it successfully. I wanted to do a clean install of Windows XP and so I tried booting from the DVD drive with my windows CD, and then installing windows. When i do this, the windows installation program stops and says that no HDD is present - even though the Lenovo bios does think it there. I am stuck - do I need any special drivers? Help, please!!!

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks, interesting suggestion. I had in fact already partitioned the drive after hooking it up as a secondary drive on my Windows XP desktop. Anyway, I just tried booting the T61 with a windows 7 DVD. It recognised the drive, and started installing windows 7 - it didn't offer to partition - maybe because it was already partitioned. I aborted the Win 7 installation when it started installing files and then tried again, but this didn't help. I think will have to use the F6 route.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Martin, did you see any of the screens listed in this installation guide?

http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/514412-windows-7-installation-guide-tutorial.html

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, right up to the last screen shown, except that it didn't warn about creating partitions.